Finding Apartments for Rent in Dallas, TX
If you’re new to Dallas, don’t worry about finding the perfect apartment to call home. This city is so diverse and full of life, there will certainly be something to fit your every need.
Top Neighborhoods in Dallas, TX
The Dallas area is growing in leaps and bounds, made up of neighborhoods filled with apartment options ideal for young professionals, families, and everything in between. No matter where you fall on this spectrum, Dallas has something for you. Hip West Village, laid back Oak Lawn, and cozy Highland Terrace are three of the most popular neighborhoods in the area, and each of them has something special to offer.
- West Village: Located just north of downtown Dallas, this neighborhood is perfect for the up-and-coming young professional looking for a fashionable apartment in an urban setting. The streets are lined with cafes, quirky boutiques, and offices, making it a great place to start a new beginning and to get right in the middle of things.
- Oak Lawn: One of the oldest neighborhoods in the area, Oak Lawn has all the urban appeal of downtown minus the hustle and bustle. The area is filled with both the bohemian and the luxurious, with unique restaurants, affordable apartments, and one-of-a-kind stores. It’s also home to a large portion of the Dallas LGBTQ community, and it’s been said that their presence and activity in the area has contributed to the neighborhood’s revitalization.
- Highland Terrace: Nestled north of Dallas in Richardson, TX, this family friendly neighborhood is full of affordable apartments perfectly suited for growing families in search of a quieter alternative to city life or urban professionals looking for work in the city’s famous Telecom Corridor.
Cultural Attractions in Dallas, TX
If cultural enrichment appeals to you, consider settling down in an apartment near the Dallas Arts District, located downtown. It’s home to the Nasher Sculpture Center, the Dallas Museum of Art, the Winspear Opera House, and so much more. The district spans 19 whole blocks, so you’ll have no trouble finding something to suit your interests.
In particular, you might be interested in checking out the DMA’s Late Nights every third Friday of the month. Admission is free, and the fun kicks off at 6 p.m. and lasts until midnight. Enjoy art, music, and film with a cocktail in one hand a tasty snack in the other.
Dining in Dallas, TX
No matter where plant your roots in Dallas, there is no shortage of incredible dining options. Whether you’re craving exquisite Italian cuisine or greasy spoon diners, there will be something to satisfy your appetite, often only minutes from your Dallas apartment.
If you’re looking for a food truck that appeals to you, head over to the Truck Yard on Lower Greenville. Lovingly referred to by locals as an “adult playground” with a tree house bar and at least three food trucks parked somewhere in the 15 thousand square feet of shady dining area, the Truck Yard is a one-of-a-kind Dallas experience. The trucks rotate daily, so check their schedule to see if something yummy catches your eye.
Sports in Dallas, TX
If you’d rather be behind home plate instead of watching the game from your Dallas apartment, don’t fret. Dallas is home to some of the biggest names in professional sports teams, including the Dallas Cowboys at the AT&T Stadium, the Texas Rangers at Globe Life Park, and the Dallas Mavericks at the American Airlines Center. Even this far south, sports fans can take in an excellent hockey game at the American Airlines Center and watch the Dallas Stars prove that hockey isn’t just for Canadians.
Nightlife in Dallas, TX
Do you love the nightlife? Do you love to boogie? Dallas offers some of the most diverse nightlife in Texas, a short ride or, in some cases, walk from residential apartment areas. From laid back lounges to thumping night clubs, you should be able to find the ideal night spot for your weekend shenanigans.
Cedar Springs Road near Oak Lawn is home to some of the best and most diverse LGBTQ nightlife in the state. Consider stopping by Station 4 Thursday through Sunday at around 11 p.m., head upstairs to the Rose Room, and get ready for the drag show of a lifetime. Let the lovely ladies of the Rose Room whisk you away with their musical stylings and outrageous costumes.
Transportation in Dallas, TX
Just about every neighborhood in Dallas is extremely walkable, but if you decide to make your nest a bit further north in Richland, don’t worry about being cut off from the city. There is no shortage of public transport in the area, and downtown is only a 20 minute DART light rail ride away. Also, McKinney Avenue Uptown is serviced by the McKinney Avenue Transit Authority streetcars and is free to the public.
Shopping in Dallas, TX
No matter where your Dallas apartment is located, you will have no trouble finding excellent shopping options close to home. The West Village in particular finds its residents coexisting with all sorts of business, including charming boutiques and upscale shops.
In north Dallas, just off the toll way, you can visit the Dallas Galleria, which houses over 200 shops, boutiques, and restaurants. Virtually all of your shopping needs can be met here, just 10 minutes away from your Highland Terrace apartment in Richardson.View Apartments in Dallas, Texas
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Your email has been sent.