Discover rentals near work and play
*Please enter your address or point of interest
Choose travel mode
Enter travel time in minutes (1-60) & choose time of day
Your Added DestinationsClick below to edit a destination
Finding Apartments for Rent in Conroe, TX
Conroe, TX, the seat of Montgomery County, lies at the northern edge of the Houston Metropolitan Area. Since I-45 travels through Conroe and leads to Houston's major economic centers, many residents prefer living in this smaller community and commuting to Houston, The Woodlands, or Spring for work or business.
One thing that you might notice as you compare Conroe apartments is that the cost of living is somewhat lower than it is closer in to Houston. The city is attractive to many because it is within an hour's drive from Houston, barring rush hour traffic, and also only about seven miles from Lake Conroe, a popular recreational area.
Cultural Attractions in Conroe, TX
Besides having plenty of recreational opportunities, the city also offers plenty of cultural attractions:
- Heritage Place is a park located right in downtown Conroe. Central to the park is a large outdoor amphitheater that regularly hosts public concerts, festivals, and other special events. There is also a pavilion that can be rented for private events.
- The Louis E. Wheeler Fine Arts Gallery showcases artists from Texas and around the world.
- The Crighton Theater was established in 1934, and it continues to offer a variety of plays, musicals, and concerts put on by local performers and organizations.
- The Heritage Museum of Montgomery County showcases the area's roots from prehistoric times right up to recent times.
- The Sam Houston National Forest is one of four Texas national forests, and it covers over 160,000 acres. This forest offers scenic areas, hiking, camping, and a variety of watersports.
Transportation Options in Conroe, TX
I-45, the major Houston Metropolitan Area north and south freeway, connects Conroe to The Woodlands, Spring, Houston and then to Clear Lake and Galveston. Conroe is about 40 miles north of Houston. Heading north, I-45 also connects Conroe to Dallas. Dallas is about 200 miles away.
Lone Star Executive Airport is a small airport that provides general aviation services. It mostly serves corporate and private pilots. However, it also has a flight school, a cafe, and airplane maintenance services. Regular commercial passengers usually travel south to George Bush International Airport in Houston.
A new Houston Metro Park and Ride service is planned for Conroe. When it is open, it will provide free parking for cars and commuter bus service into Houston. The city also has a small Greyhound Bus Station for both passengers and the company's package delivery service.
Weather In Conroe, TX
Typically, Conroe enjoys the native subtropical climate that is common in this part of Texas. That includes hot summers and typically mild winters. The temperature might drop below freezing for a few days in January or February, but even that does not happen every year.
The highest recorded temperature was 109 degrees Fahrenheit, and the lowest recorded temperature was -3 Fahrenheit, but those are rare extremes. The average high temperature in July is 94 degrees, and the average low in January is 40 degrees.
Residents do have to be wary of occasional hail storms, tornadoes, tropical storms, and hurricanes.
As of February 2018, the average apartment rent in Conroe, TX is $792 for a studio, $895 for one bedroom, $1,110 for two bedrooms, and $1,441 for three bedrooms. Apartment rent in Conroe has increased by 1.3% in the past year.
|Beds||Avg Sq Ft||Avg Rent|
Top 10 Apartments in Conroe
- Dominion, 1-4 Bed, $1,009 - 2,449
- Ascend at Jacobs Reserve, 1-3 Bed, $960 - 1,675
- Parc Woodland, Studio - 4 Bed, $815 - 2,435
- Heights at Harper's Preserve, 1-3 Bed, $1,120 - 1,865
- The Towers Woodland, 1-4 Bed, $1,029 - 3,471
- The Grand Estates in the Forest, 1-4 Bed, $885 - 3,048
- The Mansions Woodland, 1-4 Bed, $981 - 3,458
- Heritage at Hooper Hill Apartments, 1-3 Bed, $794 - 1,394
- Anatole at the Pines, 1-3 Bed, Call for Rent
- Capri Villas at the Lake, 1-3 Bed, $810 - 1,410
1 / 16
1 / 55
1 / 46
1 / 55
1 / 58
1 / 60
1 / 50
1 / 48
1 / 109
1 / 73
1 / 61
1 / 31
1 / 36
1 / 50
1 / 97
1 / 52
1 / 103
1 / 14
1 / 42
1 / 27
1 / 95
1 / 36
1 / 38
1 / 57
Apartments for Rent in Conroe, TX
You searched for apartments in Conroe, TX. Let Apartments.com help you find the perfect rental near you. Click to view any of these 1,224 available rental units in Conroe to see photos, reviews, floor plans and verified information about schools, neighborhoods, unit availability and more. Apartments.com has the most extensive inventory of any apartment search site, with over 149 thousand currently available apartments for rent. You can trust Apartments.com to find your next Conroe rental.
You must save a search in order to receive alerts.
Save your current search and get the latest updates on new listings matching your search criteria!
No Favorites Yet
You haven't favorited a listing yet. Once you favorite a listing you can filter the map to show only your favorites. Click a heart to get started!
Please note that by filtering favorites, all of your filters including drawn searches and my Plan Commute searches will be cleared.
Would you like to continue?
We had some problems performing your search. Please try again.
We had some problems performing your search. Please try again later.
Your location was not found. Please try again later.