Finding Apartments for Rent in Salt Lake City, UT
Salt Lake City is a large urban environment and the capital city of Utah. As a metropolitan center, it offers a wide variety of apartment rentals. Some of the downtown complexes are large luxury high rise buildings while smaller units can be found at other locations throughout the city. Many of the apartment complexes feature pools, hot tubs, laundry rooms, secured entrances, covered parking and fitness rooms. Move-in specials and discounts are often available and rental agreements can range from month-to-month to by the year contracts. Apartment sizes vary by complex and price range but include studios for single occupancy to larger, multi-bedroom units for families.
Top Neighborhoods in Salt Lake City, UT
The large Salt Lake City area is made up of dozens of smaller neighborhoods. Some of the most popular of these include Sugar House, The Avenues, and Federal Heights.
- Sugar House: One of the oldest Salt Lake City neighborhoods, this area is often sought after by those who enjoy the unique shops and its proximity to the downtown center as well as the University of Utah. The nearby U of U and Westminster College bring many younger families to the neighborhood. The tree-lined streets, historic, well-built homes and top public and private schools make this a popular place to live.
- The Avenues: This neighborhood was developed in the 1850s and has always been a haven for families. It is a popular and desirable area with old, Victorian-style homes that have prices in the millions. There are also a large number of apartments in this area that appeal to students attending the University of Utah or Westminster College. Young professionals, singles, and young married couples also find this neighborhood comfortable and convenient due to its proximity to the capitol building and downtown Salt Lake City.
- Federal Heights: This Salt Lake City neighborhood is considered to be one of the most affluent in the community. Many of its homes date back to the early 1900s and feature historic architecture. This neighborhood is popular due to its location close to the University of Utah, Westminster College, and downtown Salt Lake City. It is also near the capitol building and other state government institutions.
Cultural Attractions in Salt Lake City, UT
Salt Lake City is home to many different attractions that provide entertainment, educational and cultural value to the surrounding areas. Some of the more noteworthy include:
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Temple Square: The Salt Lake City LDS Temple (also known as the Salt Lake City Mormon Temple), is a majestic and towering structure that is one of the most prominent buildings in the downtown landscape. Tours of the Temple grounds, Tabernacle and Visitor’s Center are provided daily with assistance available in a variety of different languages.
- The Clark Planetarium: This museum and planetarium features shows, exhibits, educational opportunities and school tours in an effort to help visitors explore the universe. Solar system models, planetary landscape exhibits and physics demonstrations provide education about the inner workings of the cosmos. The planetarium also contains a gift store and IMAX Theater with show schedules that change regularly.
- The Children’s Museum of Utah: The Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum provides educational experiences for children of all ages. It allows for exploration of science, music, art, nature, culture, the world and more. The museum also features exhibits that change periodically in order to highlight new topics or concepts. It is open seven days a week with special pricing and event packages available.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Historical Landmarks: Some of these landmarks unique to Mormon history include The Brigham Young Home, This is the Place Monument, the Church History Museum, the Joseph Smith Building, the Family History Center and more. Each of these destinations feature tours, exhibits and historical education by service missionaries of the Church.
Shopping in Salt Lake City, UT
Salt Lake City offers some of the state’s most premium shopping experiences. These include:
- City Creek Center: Located in the heart of the city, this outdoor mall features some of the biggest names in fashion, accessories, shoes, home products and more. Some of the favorite stores are Anthropologie, Apple, Michael Kors, Tiffany & Co., and Brooks Brothers. This shopping center also contains a number of world-class restaurants such as the Cheesecake Factory, Blue Lemon, BRIO Tuscan Grille and Texas de Brazil Churrascaria.
- The Gateway Mall: Located near the LDS Temple Square, this outdoor shopping complex features stores such as Aeropostale, Bath & Body Works, Victoria’s Secret and Urban Outfitters. It also hosts a variety of top restaurants which include Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill, Tucanos Brazilian Grill and Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse.
Weather in Salt Lake City, UT
Salt Lake City enjoys four true seasons with warm summer weather and snow during the winter. This makes Salt Lake City one of the most prime locations for enjoying outdoor sports during all seasons. With summer temperatures that often reach above 100oF, water sports at one of the nearby lakes or the city’s many public pools are always enjoyable. Winter temperatures frequently stay below freezing but the snowfall in the city makes this location one of the best places for skiing, snowboarding or other winter activities. Regardless of the time of year, Salt Lake City weather makes this destination perfect for enjoying a host of activities that range from outdoor fun to the many museums, malls and cultural attractions the city has to offer.View Apartments in Salt Lake City, Utah
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Your email has been sent.