Finding Apartments for Rent in Manchester, NH
The modern, attractive city of Manchester, NH, is the largest city in the state and, for this reason, is officially the "Queen City" of New Hampshire. Located in the south-central region of New Hampshire beside the Merrimack River, Manchester is within 58 miles of Boston. In 2005, Inc. Magazine ranked Manchester as 7th in a field of 274 US cities the best suited for business in the country. First named Manchester in 1810, this busy New England metropolis is a noted business and cultural center. In addition, it is in close proximity to several excellent colleges and universities, including the University of New Hampshire at Manchester, Southern New Hampshire University and the New Hampshire Institute of Art. As home to approximately one-third of the state's residents, Manchester's estimated population during 2012 was 110,209. The city is both a setting of strong historical significance and a modern center for business, education and culture. It also offers residents a healthy, vibrant and affordable lifestyle.
Top Neighborhoods in Manchester, NH
Locating apartments for rent in Manchester is relatively easy once you determine what area of the city is most desirable and convenient for your current lifestyle. Major areas of the city for apartment hunting today are the following:
- Downtown Manchester: One great advantage of living in the downtown area of Manchester is being situated in the central business and entertainment sectors. You can easily enjoy a sports game at the Verizon Wireless Arena followed by a delicious dinner at one of the city's fine restaurants. Many recently restored historic buildings in this area are now family homes, lofts and apartment units of all sizes with the latest in amenities.
- East End: The East End section of Manchester includes areas with colorful, historic charm such as Smyth where the Currier Museum is located. Smaller neighborhoods like Green Acres are popular among today's apartment seekers. This diverse, highly attractive area intersects with the city's downtown region and is a marvelous locale in which to find many apartments within converted and renovated historic properties. East End offers lovely parks and lakes for your recreation and enjoyment and is nearby to the convenience of major highways 28, 101 and 293.
- Woodland Pond: The Woodland Pond neighborhood is actually a town within a town. This quiet, relaxing residential area includes five separate, but adjoining smaller communities, each offering a different type of residence—townhouse, condo or single family home. Many of these living units are available to renters as well as buyers.
- West Side: The West Side of Manchester offers a variety of living choices close to the water. This area includes historic sections like Notre Dame and Northwest, and many charming apartments in this neighborhood have unique sizes, shapes and rental rates. Residents of this city area are very close to the river, the downtown section and the minor league ballpark.
Cultural Activities in Manchester, NH
Manchester is home to the Zimmerman House, which is the only publicly-displayed New England house designed by famed architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. Another place of note is the Manchester Historic Association Millyard Museum. The well-known Fisher Cats Baseball Stadium is a popular attraction, and the acclaimed Palace Theater houses the Opera League of New Hampshire and the New Hampshire Symphony. Other frequently visited attractions are the Amoskeag Fishways Center and Lake Massabesic. Manchester offers 900 spectacular acres of playgrounds, parks and swimming pools along with a public beach. The city is also home to the Monarchs hockey team, Fisher Cats baseball team and Phantoms soccer team. An 18-hole municipal golf course is available at Derryfield Country Club, and McIntyre Ski Slopes have well-lit night skiing and tubing areas.
Restaurants, Bars and Nightlife in Manchester, NH
Manchester residents enjoy a myriad of fine restaurants, lively bars and exciting night spots throughout the city. Popular restaurants and cafes with convenient locations include the Republic Cafe & Bistro on Elm Street. This friendly European-style eatery serves excellent coffees and espresso, salads, panini and varied entree specials daily. Also featured are a large wine and draft beer selection. Cafe Mangia, an elegant Italian restaurant also located on Elm Street, invites you to an outstanding dining experience. The extensive menu includes a special combination of unique Italian meals to make you believe you are actually dining in Italy. Murphy's Tap Room, a frequent gathering spot on Elm Street, features live music on the deck, casual meals, 120 different beers on tap and many other beverage specials. The hottest nightclub in Manchester is DRYNK on Old Granite Street. As an award-winning dance club, it has an owner and operating team who are dedicated to constantly pleasing its many loyal guests.
Shopping in Manchester, NH
There are two major retail shopping areas in Manchester, the city's downtown stores and shops and South Willow Street's Mall of New Hampshire. This expansive mall has over 125 stores and boutiques, drawing shoppers from many different areas of the city and state.
Transportation Options in Manchester, NH
Major highways serving Manchester are NH Routes 101 and 3, F.E. Everett Turnpike and Interstates 93 and 293. Taxi service and city bus transport are also available. Manchester Airport provides non-stop flights to more than 15 different eastern and central cities in the US and Canada.
Without question, there are many valuable advantages to renting an apartment in Manchester, NH, and enjoying the best of the rich, colorful New England lifestyle. While offering numerous historic, cultural, educational and home living benefits, this vibrant modern city also has many active, exciting entertainment and sports venues. This highly appealing city is also considered a very affordable location for enjoying a comfortable, attractive and healthy lifestyle in the United States today.View Apartments in Manchester, New Hampshire
74 Photos55 Golfview Dr. Manchester, NH 03102 (877) 615-9421
$943 - $1274
- 1 - 2 Beds
- 1 - 2 Baths
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT! Located within minutes of Routes 93, 293 and downtown Manchester, Greenview Village provides spacious one and two bedroom apartments, and a wide array of amenities. Ask about our specials!21 Photos1200 Elm St. Manchester, NH 03101 (866) 439-1053
$1225 - $2170
- 1 - 2 Beds
- 1 - 2 Baths
Residences at Manchester Place offers an unmatched level of comfort, convenience, and customer service. Your new apartment home is waiting, visit us today and experience the Northland difference.
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Sorry, no results were found.
Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly. Try using less sepcific search criteria.1 - 30
Your email has been sent.