Finding Apartments to Rent in Riverside, CA
The city of Riverside is located in Southern California and provides a variety of apartment rental options. From luxury high rises to quaint and intimate complexes, Riverside has rentals that can comfortably house single persons as well as families with multiple children. Some of the rental amenities offered in Riverside apartment complexes include pools, playgrounds, fitness rooms, laundry rooms, gated community entrances, private balconies, and hot tubs. Active senior rental communities are also popular in Riverside and provide a number of entertainment and living options. Many apartment associations offer move in specials or discounts that can make finding the perfect place even easier.
Top Neighborhoods in Riverside, CA
Riverside is home to many different neighborhoods but three of the best and most popular are Porphyry, the Vista Drive/Alessandro Blvd area, and Woodcrest.
- Porphyry: This Riverside neighborhood primarily contains large homes with four or more bedrooms as well as medium size homes with three or more bedrooms. Top public schools, owner-occupied homes and low crime rates make this neighborhood a popular one with families who have school age children. Almost half the population of Porphyry finds employment in management, executive or other professional occupations with another large group working in the areas of sales and service jobs.
- The Vista Drive/Alessandro Blvd Area: Many of the homes in this area are newer and were built between the year 2000 and the present. Well over half the working residents of this neighborhood find employment in management, executive or other professional occupations while another large percentage work in either sales or service jobs. The homes in this neighborhood are considered large and stately with many executives making up primary residents.
- Woodcrest: The Riverside neighborhood of Woodcrest is a suburban area that consists mostly of medium to large single-family homes with three or more bedrooms. This is considered a family-friendly neighborhood with low crime rates, top public schools and many school age children. The majority of working residents in Woodcrest find employment in management, executive or other professional occupations while the second largest group find work in either the service or sales industries.
Dining in Riverside, CA
The city of Riverside offers a wide selection of restaurants and cuisines to satisfy any appetite. These include pizza places, Korean barbecue, Mexican food, Chinese food, All-American burger joints, sandwich shops, diners, fast food chains, and more. Some of the most popular eating locations in Riverside include Mario’s Place, Backstreet Restaurant, Burger Boss, The Salted Pig, and Simple Simon’s Bakery & Bistro. While the city provides a number of casual dining experiences, it also hosts a number of fine dining establishments that require a reservation in advance in order to enjoy the cuisine. If a night out doesn't sound appealing after a long day of work, Riverside is also home to a large number of grocery stores, convenience stores, drug stores and mini marts that can provide the ingredients for a delicious homemade meal.
Cultural Attractions in Riverside, CA
Riverside is home to many cultural and entertainment attractions that provide both fun and educational experiences for the entire family. Some of the most popular destinations in Riverside include:
- Benedict Castle: This historic structure was originally built between 1921-1931 as a home for Charles W. Benedict. It features Medieval-Spanish architecture and has been carefully restored, grounds and all. It is available for tours with reservations.
- California Citrus State Historic Park: The park serves to protect some of the landscape and culture of the citrus industry and operates as a preserve for the production of high-quality fruit. It has been designed to resemble a 1900’s park with an interpretive structure, activity area, picnic grounds and demonstration groves.
- Riverside Downtown Farmers Market: This weekly market provides visitors and locals with a variety of organic products for sale. Fruits, vegetables, cheese, honey, hummus, fish, flowers, homemade breads and specialty items are a few of the favorite products.
- Heritage House: Built in 1891, this home is currently owned by the Riverside Metropolitan Museum. The grand Victorian style home showcases life as it was at the turn of the century and is an example of the affluent residences that once were part of the city. It is available for tour three days a week.
Weather in Riverside, CA
The weather in Riverside stays true to the California reputation. The average temperatures during the winter months range from the mid 40’s to the mid 60’s while the median summer temperatures range from the mid 60’s to the mid 90’s. December is generally the coldest month of the year in Riverside and August is usually the warmest. February is the month that receives the most rain, though average rainfall for the city is low. Overall, the city provides ideal weather for anyone who prefers more days of blue skies and sunshine to overcast skies and rain. It provides the perfect backdrop to take part in the many attractions and destinations that Riverside has to offer.View Apartments in Riverside, California
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Your email has been sent.