Finding Apartments for Rent in Florissant, MO
Situated in the northeast corner of metropolitan St. Louis, Florissant is appealing municipality loaded with Midwestern charm, energetic atmosphere, and immaculate neighborhoods. Mid-priced apartments in attractive (often brick) buildings are normally available in Florissant's top neighborhoods. Many are near commercial areas with extensive shopping, dining, and recreational options, as well as convenient access to mass transit.
Top Neighborhoods in Florissant, MO
- Waterford Drive & Parker Road – A concentration of attractive apartment communities is located in the Waterford & Parker Road neighborhood, adjacent to the expansive and lush green Florissant Valley Park.
- Fort Bellefontaine – Home of the Fort Belle Fontaine historic site. The park and trails afford residents a tranquil down time walking and fitness opportunities for aspiring joggers. Well-appointed apartments and condominiums are usually available.
- New Halls Ferry Road – Near St. Louis Community College and abundant shopping, this lovely area has a relatively large concentration of very desirable properties with available apartments.
- Greenway Chase Drive – This pretty area has a number of attractive apartment properties. The middle-class neighborhood is a popular area with couples, families, and students.
Dining in Florissant, MO
Florissant residents enjoy some of the finest restaurants in the St. Louis metropolitan area on Rue Saint Francois, on St. Charles Rock Road, and in other nearby north county locations. Washington Street restaurants present an exciting array of eclectic fare, from creole lobster to Korean BBQ pork, and many other delectable choices, in its casually elegant environment. Florissant is rich in homemade pastry shops, pizzerias, custard shops, and cafes. Florissant boasts highly-rated Thai, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Indian, Greek, and classic Midwestern regional specialties. And, we're proud to truly be a barbeque lovers' paradise!
Shopping in Florissant, MO
The Crossings at Northwest Plaza, is an enormous shopping complex on St. Charles Rock Road. The fabulous Jamestown Mall on North Highway 67 also offers a wide variety of mid-priced retail stores. West County Center in Des Peres has a broad mix of mid-priced and upscale stores. (22 min.) And, the popular St. Louis Outlet Mall offers among the region's best shopping values.
Nightlife in Florissant, MO
Florissant has a thriving nightlife. Washington Street offers a variety of live music performances, nightclubs, bar & grill establishments, and even a piano bar. This trendy boulevard is very popular evening destination for dining and entertainment in a casually elegant environment. Blues, rock, folk, jazz, and country venues present live performances throughout the Florissant and greater St. Louis area. Sophisticated Westport Plaza offers upscale restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. Luxuriate in an evening at Powell Hall, the home of the superb St. Louis Symphony. (18 min.) Or, roll on down to the floating Ameristar Casino or Hollywood Casino, for an exhilarating evening.
Sports in Florissant, MO
Catch a St. Louis Rams football game, or a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game in a one of the world' most spectacular new stadiums (with a first class view of the astounding Gateway Arch). Or, take in a St. Louis Blues hockey game.
The James J. Eagan Community Center offers a fitness center, an indoor swimming pool with a variety of water sports and fitness programs, a covered outdoor ice skating rink, open basketball courts, a game room, and a 600 seat live theater.
Join one of the many local Florissant community leagues to play soccer, baseball, softball, or sand volleyball. Or, just come out to have a great time at the games, and lend some moral support to our local recreational teams.
Transportation Options in Florissant, MO
St. Louis metro light rail transportation and public bus services are easily accessible throughout much of the Florissant area. See Metro Transit St. Louis for MetroLink train system and MetroBus schedules. Metrolink connects with Amtrak lines at the Kirkwood station, about 15 minutes south of Florissant. Convenient shuttle services provide connections to key points throughout the St. Louis metropolitan area. Numerous taxi services are also available to Florissant residents.
Outdoor Activities in Florissant, MO
- Koch Park Family Aquatic Center – This exciting water park includes two large water slides, two otter slides, a play structure, a lazy river, lily pads, and lots of open area for swimming.
- Florissant Golf Club – A stunning 18 hole public course, this regionally famous course has attracted some of Missouri's premiere golfers. The City has invested over $1 million for renovations and other improvements to this excellent course.
- Pelican Island Natural Area – This pristine upper Mississippi fishing, hunting, and recreation area, just north of Old Jamestown, is only 22 minutes from Florissant. The area is ideal for day trips through some of Missouri's most exquisite countryside.
Cultural Activities in Florissant, MO
Florissant Civic Center Theatre – Local productions are presented at this home of The Hawthorne Players and The Alpha Players of Florissant. Excellent acoustical engineering in the facility captivates theater-goers.
Historic St. Charles – Stroll along cobblestone Main Street, and shop for Midwestern specialty items. Visit one of the unique museums or galleries housed in the historic buildings, and lunch in one of the quaint restaurants.
World-class cultural opportunities include visiting the miraculous St. Louis Gateway Arch and Museum, the St. Louis Art Museum, the St. Louis Science Center, and The City Museum. The lavish Fox Theater and the Muny open-air amphitheater both present national theater productions.View Apartments in Florissant, Missouri
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Your email has been sent.