Discover rentals near work and play
*Please enter your address or point of interest
Choose travel mode
Enter travel time in minutes (1-60) & choose time of day
Your Added DestinationsClick below to edit a destination
Finding Apartments for Rent in Piscataway, NJ
It is difficult to think of a better endorsement for a town than it being named one of the top 100 places to live in the U.S. by Money Magazine. Piscataway, NJ officially has that honor. It came in at number 23 on the list, beating out thousands of other competing towns. A notable fact about Piscataway is that it is home to Rutgers University, and as such contains several neighborhoods that are ideal for college students seeking housing. Besides the heavy student population, many professional people live here due to its convenient proximity to New York and other major cities.
Top Neighborhoods in Piscataway, NJ
- Town Center: This exclusive neighborhood is home to some of the wealthiest people in America; in fact, only about three percent of neighborhoods in the U.S. are wealthier than Piscataway Town Center. Homes are meticulously maintained and the neighbors take great care of their properties. There are many easy access points to the expressway and the entire New York City metro area for commuters, and a significant amount of Fortune 500 companies have offices located here. This is also the home of Piscataway High School. Rental properties include private homes and spacious apartments.
- North Stelton: Occupying a smaller area than Town Center, this neighborhood in Piscataway, NJ is a cozy and close knit community that represents a good deal of cultural diversity. It is also a wealthy neighborhood, with nearly half the residents employed in executive business positions. It has a higher density of residential houses than most residential neighborhoods in Piscataway. For shopping convenience, there is a business district with shopping centers and large retail chains nearby. Those seeking to rent a whole house may find this neighborhood to be a good choice.
- Riverview Manor: Out of all of the neighborhoods in Piscataway, NJ, Riverview Manor is the best place for college students looking for apartments because it is an on-campus neighborhood with a small percentage of regular residential homes. Students make up the majority of the population here, and as a result, this area has an above-average safety rating. It is a very walkable area, with the bulk of Rutgers University athletic facilities located here as well as the Science/Medical/Tech Colleges. Golf is a favorite activity and there are several beautiful golf courses in the neighborhood.
- Society Hill: In this community which borders Riverview Manor, you will find many friendly college students living in townhomes and apartments as well as a fair amount of available rental properties. Because of the high density of students in this neighborhood, it is a good place to find inexpensive eateries. Society Hill is also home to a significant proportion of professionals and has a more suburban feel than its neighboring boroughs. It is also the smallest neighborhood in Piscataway.
- Possumtown: On the other end of the spectrum from Riverview Manor is Possumtown. This area houses a significant number of retirees and seniors. Its high population of older folks makes it a safe, quiet and peaceful neighborhood. It is replete with trees, manicured lawns and lovely condominiums. If you are seeking tranquility, Possumtown might be your best choice to find a residence.
- New Market: An incredibly diverse and eclectic group of people live in New Market, which is a middle class suburban area with a high percentage of professionals. New Market is a solid choice for business people looking to rent a convenient residence with easy access to highways.
Cultural Attractions in Piscataway, NJ
The Rutgers Livingston College has the Livingston Theatre; a great place to catch a live show. In nearby New Brunswick, you will find tons of museums, theaters (university and other), music halls/schools, gardens, and other cultural attractions.
Sports in Piscataway, NJ
Piscataway is definitely a great place to live if you wish to be surrounded by sports. Rutgers College offers a large variety of sporting events from which to choose. In Riverview Manor, you will find football, basketball, a soccer field, a baseball field and more. Rutgers football games are open to the public and are a great place to soak in not only the match, but also the enthusiastic local flavor of the cheering fans. They are serious about their football! Bonus Tip: women's basketball, football and soccer are the biggest draws and are all highly underrated, so do not miss catching at least a couple of matches.
Transportation in Piscataway, NJ
Piscataway offers many convenient transportation options, and its convenience to New York and Philadelphia make it a popular home for commuters. Both Amtrak and the New Jersey Transit Rail Road have nearby stops, about one mile away, in Edison and New Brunswick. The I-287 expressway gives easy access to the New York City and to metro and North Jersey as well as upstate New York. The New Jersey Turnpike is accessible a few miles from Piscataway to visit Philadelphia or New York City.
Weather in Piscataway, NJ
Piscataway enjoys four very distinct seasons. In the summer, temperatures can get up to over 100 degrees on rare occasions with most days in the 80s or 90s. There is often a high humidity level in the summer, especially in August. Winters can be very cold and snowy, with average lows around 28 degrees in December. Fall and spring are both lovely seasons, with temperate weather and enjoyable foliage. Piscataway used to be a mostly rural area, and while it has been built up significantly over the years, it still maintains that country feel in many places, making it an ideal location for those who love a combination of nature, culture and community.
As of October 2017, the average apartment rent in Piscataway, NJ is $1,396 for one bedroom, $1,787 for two bedrooms, and $2,993 for three bedrooms. Apartment rent in Piscataway has increased by 1.5% in the past year.
2 Bedroom Apartments for Rent in Piscataway, NJ
You searched for 2 bedroom rentals in Piscataway, NJ. Let Apartments.com help you find the perfect rental near you. Click to view any of these 51 available rental units in Piscataway to see photos, reviews, floor plans and verified information about schools, neighborhoods, unit availability and more. Apartments.com has the most extensive inventory of any apartment search site, with over 149 thousand currently available apartments for rent. You can trust Apartments.com to find your next Piscataway 2 Bedroom rental.
You must save a search in order to receive alerts.
Save your current search and get the latest updates on new listings matching your search criteria!
No Favorites Yet
You haven't favorited a listing yet. Once you favorite a listing you can filter the map to show only your favorites. Click a heart to get started!
Please note that by filtering favorites, all of your filters including drawn searches and my Plan Commute searches will be cleared.
Would you like to continue?
We had some problems performing your search. Please try again.
We had some problems performing your search. Please try again later.
Your location was not found. Please try again later.