Discover rentals near work and play
*Please enter your address or point of interest
Choose travel mode
Enter travel time in minutes (1-60) & choose time of day
Your Added DestinationsClick below to edit a destination
Finding Apartments for Rent in Laurel, MS
Located in what is often called “The Free State of Jones”, Laurel has a beautiful historic downtown district and some fine apartment properties. The city is also in competition to become the first city in Mississippi to have “Fiber to the Home”, meaning it may soon have ultra-high speed Internet and digital television at speeds up to 100 times faster than offered anywhere else in the state.
Dining in Laurel, MS
When looking for fine dining or that special place to take your significant other, The Loft on Central Avenue should be your first choice. Featured in the New York Times, The Loft’s menu features steaks, steamed royal red shrimp, pasta, and the best Angus burgers in miles. Other good places to eat in town include Smokehouse Of Laurel, La Fiesta Brava, Vic's, Buffalo Wild Wings Grill and Bar, Catfish One Support Center, Cafe La Fleur, Granny's Catfish House, and McAlister's Deli.
Recreation in Laurel, MS
The weather is almost always fantastic and there a number of choices for a day in the sun or camping under the stars. Some great venues for a day or two in the outdoors include:
- Big Creek Water Park: plenty of picking, nature trails, and a 150 acre lake.
- Lake Bogue Homa: this 1200 acre lake offers water skiing, fishing, and jet skiing.
- Daphne Park: 18 acres with picnic benches, BBQ pits, tables, playground equipment, a 1/8 mile walking track, and five tennis courts.
- Mason Park: a 40 acre park with picnic tables, benches, BBQ pits, playground, and a 1/4 mile walking track.
- Chickasawhay Wildlife Management Area: 153,000 acres open to public hunting during turkey, deer, coon, squirrel, rabbit, and quail seasons.
There are also three 18-hole golf courses in Laurel including Bear Creek Golf Club, Dixie Golf Club, and Laurel Country Club.
Cultural Attractions in Laurel, MS
The Lauren Rogers Museum of Art is the state’s first museum of art and will celebrate its 100th Anniversary in 2020. Located in Laurel's beautiful historic district, the Museum of Art claims more than 2,000 items in its collections displayed in over 10,000 square feet of exhibition areas. The Museum is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m and admission is free. Collections include American and European art, British Georgian silver, Native American baskets, and Japanese woodblock prints.
Another great place to take in is Landrum's Homestead and Village. The Village is a re-creation of a late 1800's settlement hidden away in this beautifully landscaped setting that features streams, and southern foliage, and pecan orchards. Called "A Living History Museum", Landrum's Homestead and Village has over 50 buildings to explore.
Among the many festivals throughout the year in Laurel are:
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration and Parade: held in downtown Laurel on the third weekend of each January.
- Women’s Life Conference: sponsored by South Central Regional Medical Center, this event features celebrity guests presenting topics of interest to women.
- Day in the Park: held outdoors in Mason Park each May, this 25 year old arts festival brings together a wide range of talented artisans.
- Mother’s Day Blues Festival: held Mother’s Day weekend on the Laurel Fairgrounds, the festival features blues musicians such as Shirley Brown, Ms. Jody, Mel Waiters, and Bobby “Blue” Bland.
- B95 Colgate County Showdown Magnolia Festival: this event is held the first Saturday in June each year, and features crafts, food and a country music showdown.
- Independence Day Fireworks Show: the fireworks display is held each year at 9:15 p.m. on July 3rd.
- Heritage Arts Festival: this festival is held the first Saturday in October on the front lawn of the Lauren Rogers Museum of Art with a full day of artist demonstrations and other art activities accompanied by live music.
- The Sertoma's Christmas Parade: considered Mississippi's largest Christmas parade, the event occurs annually on the first Saturday in December.
Shopping in Laurel, MS
Various local shopping venues in Laurel include Bella Bella, Pinetree Village, Sawmill Square Mall, Parkside Plaza Shopping Center, Gardiner Center Shopping, Northwood Village, North Laurel Shopping Center, Westland Plaza, Laurel Professional Plaza, and The Emporium at the Reserve. Southern Antique Mall located in historic downtown Laurel is the largest antique mall in the area. Antique furniture, artwork, pottery, collectibles, coins, jewelry, and a bridal registry make Southern Antique Mall an enchanting shopping experience.
As of July 2017, the average apartment rent in Laurel,MS is $514 for one bedroom, $602 for two bedrooms, and $592 for three bedrooms. Apartment rent in Laurel has decreased by -1.3% in the past year.
Apartments for Rent Under $900 in Laurel, MS
You searched for apartments in Laurel, MS. Let Apartments.com help you find the perfect rental near you. Click to view any of these 28 available rental units in Laurel to see photos, reviews, floor plans and verified information about schools, neighborhoods, unit availability and more. Apartments.com has the most extensive inventory of any apartment search site, with over 149 thousand currently available apartments for rent. You can trust Apartments.com to find your next Laurel rental under $900.
You must save a search in order to receive alerts.
Save your current search and get the latest updates on new listings matching your search criteria!
No Favorites Yet
You haven't favorited a listing yet. Once you favorite a listing you can filter the map to show only your favorites. Click a heart to get started!
Please note that by filtering favorites, all of your filters including drawn searches and my Plan Commute searches will be cleared.
Would you like to continue?
We had some problems performing your search. Please try again.
We had some problems performing your search. Please try again later.
Your location was not found. Please try again later.