Finding Apartments to Rent in Phoenix, AZ
As a large and bustling metropolitan area, Phoenix, Arizona offers a diverse selection of apartments for rent. These apartments range in size from smaller, more intimate units to large luxury high-rise complexes. Square footage in each apartment varies by development and price range, but in the Phoenix area there is everything from studio apartment rentals for one person to units with multiple bedrooms to accommodate families with children. Many of these complexes also offer a variety of amenities to those who rent. These amenities include pools, spas, fitness rooms, outdoor common areas, gated communities, secured entrances, playgrounds, covered parking and more. There are often move-in specials or discounts available as well, to make the process even more affordable.
Top Neighborhoods in Phoenix, AZ
The large city of Phoenix has numerous neighborhoods to choose from when it comes to finding a rental. Some of the top neighborhoods in the area include Windsor Square, Del Norte Place, and Alameda Estates.
- Windsor Square: A historic area, it is generally convenient for pedestrians since many business and amenities lie within easy walking distance. Some of the most prominent nearby establishments include Churn, Tammie Coe Baker, Postino, Practical Art, Stinkweeds and Federal. This neighborhood is also close to the desirable Uptown Plaza.
- Del Norte Place: This is a unique and eclectic suburban area with ranch style homes and 19th century Tudors. This neighborhood is located across the street from Encanto Park and is also within walking distance of the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
- Alameda Estates: This neighborhood is located south of the Arizona State University campus and features a variety of home styles that comfortably fit the many families living within the neighborhood. This area is also known for its superior public schooling system and kid-friendly attractions.
Shopping in Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix offers some of the best shopping malls and areas in the state. The most popular include places such as the Arizona Center, Arizona Mills and Biltmore Fashion Park malls.
- Arizona Center: This outdoor shopping area is found in Downtown Phoenix and offers a large variety of specialty stores and shops. It is also located near the Sky Harbor International Airport which makes it a top shopping destination for tourists as well as locals. This shopping and dining center is also home to The Grotto which consists of three acres of gardens and fountains. The luxury area can be rented out for weddings, celebrations and other special events.
- Arizona Mills: Also found just a few miles from Sky Harbor International Airport, this indoor and climate controlled mall features a variety of outlet stores that range from jewelry and women’s fashion, to children’s clothes and men’s wear. It also hosts a number of restaurants and entertainment venues to provide hours of shopping fun.
- Biltmore Fashion Park: Some of the finest shopping opportunities exist at the Biltmore Fashion Park. The state’s only Saks Fifth Avenue is located here, along with Cole Haan, Brooks Brothers, Julia Baker Confections and Pottery Barn. It also features many upscale dining options which include Christopher’s Restaurant & Crush Lounge, Seasons 52 and The Capital Grille.
Cultural Attractions in Phoenix, AZ
The city of Phoenix offers many cultural, educational and art experiences the whole family will enjoy. These include:
- The Phoenix Art Museum: This state-of-the-art museum features collections from artists around the world and also hosts traveling exhibits that change regularly. It is famous for its photography and fashion galleries and modern art displays.
- The Musical Instrument Museum: A new addition to the Phoenix area, this unique museum features instruments from around the world as well as collections from music superstars. It is also home to the Experience Room where visitors can play instruments from all different world cultures.
- The Children’s Museum of Phoenix: A haven of learning and fun, the Children’s Museum of Phoenix provides children with opportunities to explore the world around them through interactive exhibits and displays centered around science, art, history, the world and more.
Weather in Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix is famous for its bright sunshine, blue skies and warm weather. It enjoys more days of sun than any other area in the United States and receives less than eight inches of rain a year. Its average temperatures range from 72 to 85 degrees, which make it an ideal location for outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, swimming, or enjoying a sporting event. July is often the hottest month of the year with temperatures soaring above 100 degrees while January is usually the coldest with temperatures reaching the mid 60’s. Regardless of the time of year, Phoenix offers beautiful weather for the many attractions the city has to offer.