As today’s shopping process shifts toward online research and purchasing, it’s no surprise that ratings and reviews are becoming critical to your success. In fact, according to an Apartments.com survey, 80% of respondents indicated they used reviews as part of their search and 73% say reviews are extremely/very helpful!
Promoting reviews at your community can help ensure you’re giving prospective – and current – residents the information they need. But how can you do that without potentially hindering your chances of signing a lease? Apartments.com was joined by Erin Jones, Leasing Manager for Lomax Properties, to share ways she is promoting & managing reviews at her property and the value it delivers.
Here are the top tips Erin shared:
- ABR: Always be reviewing! Make asking for reviews part of your closing process and encourage prospective residents to write a review after you distribute a tour kit. Ask current residents to write a review in your monthly newsletter. You can even put a “We Strive for Five!” review sticker on maintenance tickets!
- Make it easy for residents and prospects to read and write by include the link to reviews on your community website (see Erin’s example here) and include the URL to your reviews page in your email signature. The more touch points you make, the easier it is for your residents!
- Whether the review is positive or not-so-positive, respond! Think of posting reviews just like posting something to your social networks. Why would you post something on Facebook and not “Like” or respond to the comments you get?
- Stay in touch! There are a variety of review management tools available to help you, from the Apartments.com Community Reviews Dashboard, Hootsuite and more. Erin prefers email alerts from Apartments.com. To sign up for alerts, click “Follow this Property” on each of your properties on Apartments.com. Check with your ILS; each may have a great idea for you!
To learn more, watch the full webinar and visit the Apartments.com Training Series Live! page to see other past recordings. If you have any questions or comments, tweet them to @Apartmentscom, using the hashtag #AptsTraining, or leave them in the comments section below.
- Training Series Live! Webinar Recap: Community Reviews
- Training Series Live! Webinar Recap: Preferences of Today’s Renters
- Training Series Live! Webinar Recap: Raising rents the right way
- Training Series Live! Webinar Recap: Increasing Exposure in Your Market
- Apartments.com Launches Community Reviews Dashboard