A compelling description engages renters with your listing and moves them closer to your leasing office. According to a study conducted by Apartments.com, a well worded short description can increase the click-through rate to your listing by 4%.
Tips for writing powerful community text descriptions:
- Great location? Describe what makes your community location special
- Location near public transportation
- Within a short walk of great shops and restaurants
- Three blocks from downtown
- Highlight unique features of your property — especially if it provides a reason for a slightly higher rent range than your competitors’
- Brand new, large apartment homes with up to 1,500 square feet
- Newly renovated apartment homes
- Attached garage
- Double check your descriptions for accuracy, grammar and spelling
- Exclude amenities unless they are free or unique
- Free 24-hour fitness center with indoor pool
- Electric car-charging station
- Large pets welcome
- Keep your short description focused on your single most compelling points
- Eliminate redundant data, such as your community name and number of bedrooms, which appear directly above your description on Apartments.com
Keep your descriptions fresh and current. Listen to prospective renters to learn the reasons that they are choosing your community. Over time, you’ll have a good list of compelling points to include in your descriptions.
Make sure to check back for more quick tips!
- No Related Posts