As a part of its national What Renters Want series, each year Apartments.com conducts its popular Moving Outlook survey, and the results for 2011 are in! Over 1,800 of our website visitors responded, giving us a look into their 2011 moving plans including reasons they are moving, when they plan to move and which tools they value most during their apartment search. Some of our key findings are outlined below, but please take a look at our full results and press release for more detailed information.
- The number one reason respondents said they are moving is to relocate for job opportunities
- Nearly 25% of respondents are starting their apartment search as early as five months to more than a year out from their moving date
- 64% of respondents said the most important thing during their apartment search is the ability to check real time availability
- 80.9% of respondents use an Internet Listing Service, like Apartments.com, for their apartment search, with only 5% of respondents using social sites
- 80% of respondents are using a mobile device during their search
Are these results similar to the trends your leasing office is seeing? Are you signing leases earlier in the year? Are there more out-of-town residents relocating to your city for job opportunities? Let us know what you are noticing in your market!