Finding an Apartment For Rent in Beckley, WV
Located near the southern border of West Virginia, Beckley is a place of grace, charm, and southern tradition. Beckley offers stunning views of the Allegheny Mountains while maintaining all the comforts of city living. The apartments for rent in Beckley offer comfort and convenience without drilling a hole through the wallet.
Top Neighborhoods in Beckley, WV
With a population of 36,000, Beckley is small enough to feel like home, but large enough to have more than one section. The downtown area of Beckley offers events and excitement throughout the year. Residents of downtown Beckley can remain close to nature by visiting one of the woodland parks located around every corner of the city. Many residents of Beckley choose to live on the outskirts of the city, where their views of the mountains and beautiful scenery are undisturbed by lights and noise. Wherever you choose to rent your apartment in Beckley, you can be sure you’ll have access to nature and beautiful views.
Cultural Attractions in Beckley, WV
Once you find your apartment to rent in Beckley, West Virginia, you’ll be able to enjoy the city’s attractions.
- Winterplace Ski Resort is a mere twenty-minute drive from Beckley. The resort is open to both skiers and snowboarders, and offers trails modified for every skill level. Look for an apartment to rent on the southern side of Beckley to get to the slopes even more quickly.
- Tamarak offers a showcase of regional arts and crafts. According to locals, it provides some of the best shopping in West Virginia. Tamarak is made up of art galleries, museums, flea markets, and specialty shops.
- The Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine and Youth Museum offers a look at coal mining as it was in the early twentieth century. The exhibition is open from April 1- November 1. Visitors can ride through a coal mine and tour a period coal camp. The youth museum features a planetarium, allowing visitors to view constellations and celestial events.
- Grandview State Park is a must see for anyone who loves the outdoors. The park offers breathtaking overlooks, hiking trails, and picnic areas with playgrounds. One visit to this park will make you glad you rented an apartment in Beckley!
In Beckley, the New River Park Recreation Complex offers an Olympic-sized pool and waterslide, to keep residents cool during the summer months. Burning Rock Outdoor Adventure Park is home to over 8,000 acres of forest and trails. Runners and bikers may want to choose to rent an apartment near the Lewis McManus Memorial Honor Trail, a 3.6 mile path that meanders through the heart of Beckley.
Shopping in Beckley, WV
Beckley, West Virginia has a variety of shopping available. The Beckley Antique Mall offers collections of unique antiques and vintage items. Attic Heirlooms sells old toys, handmade items, handcrafted jewelry, and country decor in their 900 square foot space.
Those looking for a more modern shopping experience will enjoy the Crossroads Mall, which features Bath and Body Works, Victoria’s Secret, American Eagle Outfitters, and Chick-Fil-A. The Raleigh Mall, also known as Beckley’s first mall, has multiple department stores and a Dollar Theater.
With a renowned ski resort in its vicinity, Beckley also offers a few ski shops. Both The Ski Barn and X-Treme Sports offer ski equipment and gear.
Dining in Beckley, WV
Wherever you find your apartment in Beckley, West Virginia, you won’t be far from good food. Beckley offers a variety of restaurants and cuisine to satisfy every palate.
The Char serves American cuisine, specializing in steak, burgers, and baked potatoes. This restaurant tends to get busy, so be sure to make a reservation if you have a large group. The Campestre Grill specializes in Mexican food, seasoned with authentic marinades and spices. The Omlete Shoppe is open late and offers delicious breakfasts. Their specialty omelets come in several varieties.
Weather in Beckley, WV
The weather in Beckley, West Virginia varies throughout the year. You’ll want to rent an apartment that has a good air conditioning system, as temperatures hover in the mid eighties during summer months. Summers in Beckley are often humid. Average temperatures in the winter range from 10-30 degrees Fahrenheit.
Seasons in Beckley are vibrant in color. From the deep reds and oranges of the leaves in the fall to the bright pinks and yellows of the first flowers in the spring, Beckley is a place of natural beauty and spectacular views.View Apartments in Beckley, West Virginia
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Your email has been sent.