Finding an Apartment in Katy, TX
With a low unemployment rate and a low cost of living, Katy, Texas is a nice place to settle down in a new apartment. Charming is a great word to associate with Katy because the small community of nearly 12,000 residents make you feel at home with their southern hospitality.
For families with children, you have access to excellent options with regards to daycare in the area. Your family will surely find a daycare that helps your children build social skills and prepare them for elementary school. Additionally, Katy has 45 schools in the Katy Independent School District. Most of the six high schools offer college prep courses that will help prepare your children for the next steps in their lives.
Top Neighborhoods in Katy, TX
Luxury amenities abound in apartments in Katy. With a low cost of living, you can take advantage of the spacious apartments surrounding Katy. The only question that will remain is what part of Katy you want to live in, the “Old Katy” or “Katy Area?”
Weather in Katy, TX
When you live in Katy you expect the weather to remain a little hotter than other parts of the United States. In fact, the average high in July is 95 degrees. Fortunately, the humidity level in Katy is fairly low so the hot days are doable.
Katy’s close proximity to the Gulf of Mexico makes it vulnerable to hurricanes and tropical storms. Even though hurricanes strike infrequently, Climate Central estimates about once every nine to sixteen years, it is important that you and your family are aware of the possibilities.
Beyond hurricanes and tropical storms, Katy experiences very few days with precipitation. The national average for rainy days in the United States is 100 days, while in Katy it is only 83 days out of the year.
Cultural Attractions in Katy, TX
Katy doesn’t lack in culture. There are many family friendly events you and your family can participate in to get out of the apartment. The following are a few of the events that take place annually you family will thoroughly enjoy.
- Katy ISD FFA Livestock Show and Rodeo – This three day event includes music and live animals. Your children will want to come back every year.
- Railroad Park – Railroad Park is a restored railroad depot that houses historical information about Katy, as well as information about interesting sites to see in town. Your children can explore the trains and see the Heritage Society’s red caboose.
- Katy Heritage Museum – Located on George Bush Drive, your children will definitely enjoy looking at the antique farming equipment and other antiques scattered around the 9,600 square foot building.
Shopping in Katy, TX
Shopping in Katy is truly an event. From collectibles, novelties to upscale clothing, Katy has everything you want within minutes of your apartment. It is essential that you make sure you are close by one of these shopping facilities when you choose an apartment in Katy, La Centerra at Cinco Ranch and Katy Mills Mall. You should also try Memorial City Mall and The Galleria in Houston for an upscale experience.
Dining in Katy, TX
Texas does everything big and your eating experience in Katy isn’t the exception. There are many restaurants to choose from when you live in Katy. Some of the most popular are listed below.
- Pho Saigon Vietnamese Noodle House – This is a healthy alternative if you are interested in eating clean.
- Drix Restaurant and Lounge – The atmosphere is elegant and the layout of the restaurant is modern. They serve American cuisine along with spirits. Your kids can even enjoy the indoor playroom in the restaurant. Drix’s is definitely a must for the whole family.
- Midway Barbeque – When you come to Katy you can’t skip sinking your teeth in to juicy barbeque. Midway serves fresh barbeque, sausage and sliced beef. You and your family will want seconds.
Transportation in Katy, TX
If you don’t own a vehicle, you won’t have a problem traveling from your job to your apartment. The Metro is the public bus system that will take you where you need to go. Taxis are another great option available locally. You can take a taxi to the George Bush Intercontinental Airport, which is only about a 45 minute drive, when you are planning a trip.View Apartments in Katy, Texas
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Your email has been sent.