Rated 5 out of 5?by Ken Still tried it out after reading the reviews
Still decided to move in after reading the bad reviews, been staying for 4 months now.
Issues raised here.
1. Thin walls/floors - Did not notice this, but I guess my neighbors must be pretty quiet. But... When my TV and home entertainment system arrived, I was a bit worried that it could possibly disrupt my neighbors, as an experiment, turned it up a bit louder than average and stood outside my apartment. barely heard the movie playing.
2. Garbage problem - the neighbors tend to leave their trash in the hallways and on the front lawns on garbage days (M/W/F), but it is usually cleared out within the day. The common garbage dumpster can get full during weekends (especially on sunday). But i guess this is reasonable since this is technically 3 days of garbage, and the dumpster is out of sight anyway.
3. Parking problem - Can get bad especially during the summer. I guess with all the guests and everything. But i think this is a common problem with a lot of apartment complexes. If you have a reserved carport, it will not be a problem.
4. Management - Never encountered a single problem with management/leasing. I am not exactly sure where the negative comments about them come from? When I signed the lease, everything was clearly communicated in the contract and I reviewed it afterwards (like everyone should) to avoid misunderstandings. They have always been very nice when i pass by the office and has accommodated a lot of small requests that I asked.
5. Dogs - There are quite a few dog owners in the compound, they usually pick up after their dogs.. never saw feces around. A lot of rabbits around.. they leave small droppings.. dogs usually go after them every now and then :)
6. Quality of materials in apartment - I have to say not bad, the carpet has not shown signs of wear and tear yet. The kitchen appliances are a bit worn down, but still ok.
Overall I would recommend checking this place out.
August 12, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5?by Dre523 What a Nightmare
. If you are not on the top floor don't even consider living here. These apartments were made with every intention of cutting costs. The floors are extremely thin and you can hear every single movement of the person living above you. Along with that you will find many aspects of The Gates of Allen Station to be cheap and of very low quality. The carports were made so cheaply they fell during a storm and destroyed many cars. Personally I lived in a apartment that was below an apartment that flood from low quality pipes. The flooding cracked and left water spots on my ceiling, soaked my carpets, and left mold in the walls of the storage room outside. None of these things were fixed by the time I left which was nearly 6 months later. The carpets are extremely uncomfortable and low quality. They wear down very easily and they will charge you to replace them even with a few minor problems. Please listen to me and don't live here! Don't let the fancy pictures fool you, this place is made with cheap goods not to mention the staff is pretty unreasonable and provides sub par customer service.
August 7, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5?by angry_tenant Management is terrible
Avoid this apartment complex. The management is pathetic. Don't even consider breaking your lease, they will screw you over in every way possible. Any discount given will have to be paid back along with every other imaginable fee they can tack on.
The complex grounds are covered in dog feces and the dumpster overflows with garbage.
The location is convenient but the management makes this a miserable place to live.
June 15, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5?by txtech1997 Don't Live Here
I have been here a few months and it's been completely miserable. I complain almost on a daily basis about noisy neighbors and the Riser Room. This is a compression/hvac room on the outside of the buildig, which is connected to my apt. It's so loud that after many complains, they are having to replace it. No offere of compensation for my troubles.
February 27, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5?by cg Great Place, Allen Stadium Noise is unbearable
Great place and location, except when Allen High School hosts a game. The announcer is pretty loud and the traffic on Friday nights is pretty bad.
On the plus side, you can sit in your balcony and clearly hear and watch the game like you were inside the stadium. The stadium score board is pretty bright!
Too bad Allen High School Stadium placed the scoreboard facing the apartments and the announcer can be heard for a coupe of miles away from the stadium.
The rest of the time is great!
October 29, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5?by digitalggs office staff very rude
They were not very friendly on the phone. And I came to office 10 min before closing and they locked the door as I was walking up to the office. No longer considering this location.
September 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5?by asharris321 Best place in Allen
I have lived at these apartments for about a year now and have nothing but good things to say. Any time I have had any issues the office staff or maintenance has taken care of it and been very courteous. Its a quiet community that has a lot to offer and where I will be calling home for many more years to come. I couldn't ask for a better place to live.
August 29, 2013