Chattanooga, which means “rock coming to a point” in the Creek Indian language, is so named due to the beautiful mountains surrounding the city, which provide a large portion of its scenic views. The city is diverse and offers a wide range of attractions, activities, entertainment and historical sites within its city limits. In fact, the city of Chattanooga is so diverse it has been added to the must-see destination list of various magazines including “Travel & Leisure,” “Southern Living,” “New York Times,” “Outside Magazine,” “World Report,” and “Garden & Gun” just to name a few.
Finding Apartments to Rent in Chattanooga, TN
Acquiring an apartment that meets all your desires and needs should be easy thanks to Chattanooga’s large array of living options. There are apartment buildings perfect for each age demographic and stage of life scattered throughout the Chattanooga area. For example, in the East Brainerd area alone there are multiple apartment complexes to choose from in various price ranges that are all close in proximity to restaurants and the Hamilton Place Mall, which is the area’s largest shopping mall. There are many other neighborhoods that offer easy access to downtown Chattanooga and all it has to offer.
Best Neighborhoods in Chattanooga, TN
As mentioned above, the East Brainerd area is a great place to live. It offers a wide range of entertainment and food options along with an abundance of stores. Living downtown in the heart of Chattanooga is another option. This is a perfect location for you if you are active, because you can walk or bike to locations in the downtown area. Virtually everything in Chattanooga is within walking distance if you live in the heart of downtown. Hixson is also a rapidly expanding community that has its own mall and various shopping centers, as well as an abundance of restaurants and entertainment options.
Cultural Attractions in Chattanooga, TN
Chattanooga has much to offer when it comes to cultural attractions. The Hunter Museum of American Art, the Creative Discovery Museum and the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum are just a few examples of the museums within Chattanooga city limits. Moreover, thanks to its rich history in the Civil War, Chattanooga is also home to many Civil War museums and parks.
In addition to the many museums, Chattanooga has it own Aquarium, which is renowned across America, an Imax 3D Movie Theater, the Tivoli Theater, which features plays and symphonies, and the Mckenzie Arena, which hosts various concerts and other events through the year. The natural rock garden Rock City, which is located atop Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls, takes visitors into the caves of Lookout Mountain. Read below for a more precise breakdown of just a few of these attractions:
- The Hunter Museum of American Art: This unique museum that sits on an 80-foot bluff revealing stunning views of the Tennessee River in addition to providing enjoyment in the form of American art. The collection of American art is so impressive that it has been recognized as one of the country’s finest art museums.
- Rock City: This famous landmark and favorite attraction of both residents and visitors alike features a marvel of nature. The massive rock formations that sit high atop Lookout Mountain serve as the backdrop for the attraction. However, it also features 400 native plant species and a panoramic view where you can “see seven states.” During the year, there are many cultural and educational events hosted by Rock City, ensuring everyone will enjoy a visit to the amazingly beautiful attraction.
- In addition, around Christmas, Rock City opens its yearly “Garden of Lights” event that features thousands of twinkling lights through which guests walk at night. Santa, his elves and reindeer, and the nativity, along with an abundance of other holiday and cultural displays, are part of the "Garden of Lights" event.
Dining in Chattanooga, TN
As mentioned above, Chattanooga features an abundance of high-quality and casual dining options. Some of the most popular are Jason’s Deli, which is located beside Hamilton Place Mall and offers a fresh salad bar, soups, baked potatoes and sandwiches of all varieties, Alleia, which is a five-star Italian inspired dining establishment located in Chattanooga’s Southside, and the Big River Grille & Brewing Works, which is unique to Chattanooga and is located it the heart of downtown. These are just a sampling of the large array of available restaurants in and around the Chattanooga area.
Transportation Options in Chattanooga, TN
In the outskirts of Chattanooga, the only transportation available is regular vehicles. However, in the downtown area, buses are provided that will take you anywhere and everywhere in the downtown Chattanooga area. Furthermore, if you live in the heart of downtown, you could even bike or walk to some attractions and dining establishments.
Weather in Chattanooga, TN
Chattanooga experiences a full four seasons of weather. It can get as hot as 100 degrees in the summer and as cool as the teens in the winter. Some years, Chattanooga gets a moderate amount of snow, although that does not occur often, but the summers are always hot and humid. The fall is perhaps the prettiest and most pleasant season temperature wise. During the fall, leaves change to brilliant red, yellow and orange, prompting visits from tourists all over America to come take a look at the beauty of the Tennessee Valley.
Living in Chattanooga and the Tennessee Valley is perfect for anyone with an active, healthy lifestyle. Its many attractions, hiking options and river related activities are perfect for the individual who wants to be outside enjoying the beauty of the landscape.View Apartments in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Sorry, no results were found.
Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly. Try using less sepcific search criteria.1 - 30
Your email has been sent.