Finding Apartments for Rent in Columbia, SC
If you’re looking for an apartment in Columbia, SC you’re definitely in luck because this thriving Southern metropolis has a wide variety of different apartments and offers many interesting and unique areas to live in. From urban lofts near the University of SC to a cozy family friendly apartment in the suburbs, Columbia truly has something for everyone. Now you just have to decide what area you want to be in! Check out the Top Neighborhoods section below to give you a better feel for each area and what it has to offer.
Top Neighborhoods in Columbia, SC
Here’s a look at some of the best neighborhoods in the Columbia area and a little info about each of them. They each have their own unique perks and offer different lifestyles and types of apartment homes.
- Downtown: If you’re looking to be right smack dab in the middle of everything, downtown is the place you want to find an apartment. Downtown living offers a variety of apartments that are conveniently located near popular restaurants, bars, shopping, and of course the University of SC. These older neighborhoods offer unique architecture and Southern charm, with the added convenience of being able to walk or bike to work or school! Area neighborhoods include: Shandon, Olympia, Elmwood Park, Eau Claire, and Cottontown.
- Lake Murray: There are several neighborhoods located on beautiful Lake Murray. This popular recreational area offers 520 miles of shoreline and is about 15 miles from downtown Columbia. There are many great neighborhoods near Lake Murray in the towns of Irmo, Chapin, and Lexington. This is a fast growing and wildly popular area that is home to many restaurants, jobs, and entertainment options.
- Southeast: Just east of downtown is the city of Forest Acres. This area is a popular choice for folks who work downtown and is located near Ft. Jackson Army Base. This residential area offers great neighborhoods with lots of beautiful landscaping and unique shops, with the convenience of downtown nearby. Also close are the neighborhoods of Forest Hills and Heathwood which are popular choices for living.
- Cayce/West Columbia: The West area of Columbia has some popular smaller communities including Cayce and West Columbia. Located over the Blossom Street Bridge and across the Congaree River from downtown Columbia, Cayce and West Columbia are cities that feature a nice combination of older homes as well as some marvelous new developments. With downtown amenities being just a short drive over the bridge, this is a popular choice for students and professionals.
Dining in Columbia, SC
Southerners love their food! That’s one thing you will learn for sure when you live in Columbia, SC! From trendy cafes with urban menus to locally owned cozy kitchens with down home Southern comfort food, to popular BBQ shacks loaded with all the best trimmings, your choice of unique and delicious dining options is never far away in Columbia. No matter what you’re craving for dinner, you’re sure to find it here!
Weather in Columbia, SC
You’ll find a moderate climate with lots of warm, sunny days in Columbia! The summers average around 92 degrees each day and offer plenty of time for enjoying outside activities in the Carolina sunshine! The winters are very easy to manage, as we average 55 degrees in even our coldest month! Columbia has about 225 sunny days each year and we rarely get snow at all. If so, no worries, you’ll only see 2 inches at the most! Chances are good it's gonna be a beautiful day today in Columbia, SC!
Nightlife in Columbia, SC
If you’re ready to paint the town, Columbia definitely has you covered for nightlife and entertainment options. Since Columbia is a college town, there is a wide variety of bars, pubs, and taverns close to the University downtown. The Five Points area is very popular for night life with folks of all ages including the business crowd from downtown. There are also many options to enjoy live music including the Colonial Life Center, the city’s largest concert venue and many smaller music clubs such as the Art Bar.
Shopping in Columbia, SC
There is no shortage of great places to shop in Columbia, that’s for sure! You can find just about anything you need or want at Columbia Place Mall with over a hundred stores, restaurants and a movie theater. If unique local shops and trendy restaurants is your thing, Five Points is just the place to be. Conveniently located near the University of SC, the Five Points area has some of the best shopping, dining and entertainment in the city. If you are an antique lover, you will love browsing in all of the local antique malls and shops that are loaded with treasures that have been passed down from generations of Southern families.View Apartments in Columbia, South Carolina
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Your email has been sent.