Finding Apartments for Rent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
There are many reasons you should consider moving to the Fort Lauderdale area, including the absolutely gorgeous weather all year long. The canal and inter-coastal waterways throughout the area make Fort Lauderdale the envy of all other Florida cities. Not only is Fort Lauderdale home to many exquisite and lavish homes, many apartment dwellers have settled down calling themselves true Floridians. Why? Because Fort Lauderdale is an amazing place to live for singles, couples and families.
Top Neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale, FL
The top Fort Lauderdale neighborhoods have a lot to offer the residents. That is why they are the most sought out areas for those relocating to the area and those looking to upgrade their current residence. Many of these top neighborhoods have everything residents need, including schools, recreation, shopping and dinning, all within a small radius, reducing the need for you to have to leave the community. The top neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale include Colee Hammock, Victoria Park, Rio Vista, Sailboat Bend and The Isles. All of these communities are home to multiple types of housing, including single-family homes, duplexes, condos and apartments for rent.
Cultural Attractions in Fort Lauderdale, FL
The greater Fort Lauderdale area is known for its diverse population and visitors. Many cultural attractions honor this multicultural heritage, offering both educational and inspiring experiences. Once you visit the many different attractions found throughout the area, you will know that your decision to call Fort Lauderdale home was the right one. Cultural attractions include museums, performing arts centers and historical sites.
Top cultural attractions in the Fort Lauderdale area include:
- African-American Research Library and Cultural Center: Read through the many books about black history and those written by African-American authors in either the main library or the one-of-a-kind children’s library.
- Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum: You will learn a lot about the Seminole Indians when you enter the heart of the Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation’s exciting history and cultural at this attraction.
- Ashanti Cultural Arts: Enrich your life through instruction in dance, drama, music and theatre.
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts: This center is home to many of the best of Broadway shows and other stage performances that are hosted throughout the year.
- Coral Castle Museum: Explore an exotic garden carved from more than 1,100 tons of coral rock by Edward Leedskalnin.
- Museum of Art - Fort Lauderdale: Home to many exhibits, featuring different facets of visual history.
- Old Dillard Museum: This African and African-American gallery filled with cultural artifacts is listed on the National Historic Register.
- Young at Art Museum: Many different contemporary art exhibits, including ArtScapes and GreenScapes can be seen at this museum.
Transportation in Fort Lauderdale, FL
There are many different methods of public transportation throughout the Fort Lauderdale area. The Broward County Transit Authority offers bus stops throughout the area, making getting around town without a car a breeze. The Sun Trolley will take you through historic Fort Lauderdale to Los Olas Boulevard and Riverwalk. The Tri-Rail will take you anywhere you want to go from the West Palm Beach area down to the Miami area, including many stops in between.
If you need to travel out of the area, the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport has daily flights anywhere you want to go, including international flights.
Weather in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Being located in the Southwest Florida area, Fort Lauderdale has beautiful year-round weather with lots of sunshine. The average high temperature is 84° and the average low temperature is 64°. The warmest month for Fort Lauderdale is July, while the coolest month is January. The area receives its typical afternoon showers during the summer months with the most amount of rainfall occurring in June.
As you can see, there are many reasons to be a resident of the Fort Lauderdale area. Not only is the weather perfect, it is home to many popular attractions. With all of the different shopping, dining, sporting and entertainment venues in the area, there is definitely something for everyone, no matter how young or old.View Apartments in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Your email has been sent.