Finding Apartments to Rent in Fresno, CA
Fresno, California is a thriving city of over 500,000 located in Fresno County that serves as the gateway to the northern Sierras and Yosemite to the east and the San Joaquin Valley agricultural area to the west. As the fifth largest city in California, it is easy to find apartments and rentals in Fresno that come loaded with a wide selection of amenities to match your lifestyle. The Fresno area is nestled in the foothills of the Sierras and has a history and character true to its roots as a major hub between rural, suburban and urban living. The culture has an unparalleled vibrancy and youthfulness with unlimited recreational activities for all ages. The median rent in Fresno is $832, which is far below the California average of $1205. This makes Fresno an affordable place where just about anyone can find an apartment.
The Top Neighborhoods in Fresno, California
- The Central Fresno Neighborhood: While this neighborhood is named Central, it is essentially downtown Fresno. Approximately 15,000 residents live there and have nearby grocery stores, restaurants, boutiques and Fulton shopping mall. The Fresno Convention and Entertainment Center is located downtown for live show and music. If sports are your thing, several arenas are located in Central too. It has a high walkability score, so most activities can be done on foot.
- Hoover: This popular neighborhood in Fresno is away from the city center and set closer to the suburbs. It is known for being family-friendly with many well performing schools and an affordable cost of living. Most of the neighborhood commerce runs along E Shaw Avenue and within the Fashion Fair Mall.
- Fresno High Roeding: Fresno High Roeding is the third most walkable neighborhood in Fresno proper. It is a large neighborhood of about 57,000 people located northwest of downtown Fresno. The access to freeways and other parts of the city is excellent, and the area has a great variety of places to eat, drink and shop, including several shopping malls.
Dining in Fresno, CA
Fresno has a wide selection of restaurants in every price range and cuisine. You have a great selection of ethnic restaurants with menu options from sushi to taquitos to burgers. The city has every type of big chain eateries, pizza huts, burger joints, pancake houses, Mexican, Asian, Indian and good old fashioned American diners. You will find Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Arby’s and Subway. If you are looking for a different dining experience, then Max’s Bistro or Sakura Chaya will be sure to satisfy your appetite. If you really like Chinese food, Fresno has many great options including Hunan Chinese Buffet, Dai Bai Dang’s, or B&K Asian. Locals love the Italian restaurants, Oggi Cosi Si Mangia and Campagnia Restaurant. If boutique breweries are your thing, Fresno has Sequoia Brewing Company, Full Circle Brewing and Tioga Sequoia Brewing.
Shopping in Fresno, CA
Fresno has the best of a big city and charm of a rural western town, and you will find everything from discount chains, big box retailers, boutiques and specialty stores. In addition to Target, Walmart, Costco, Sam’s Club, Kmart and more, The Fashion Fair Mall has JC Penny and Macys as well as Abercrombie and Fitch, Aeropostale, Claire’s, Ecko, Footlocker, Forever 21, Guess and Fredericks of Hollywood. The mall has specialty stores for apparel, accessories, bath and beauty, electronics, shoes, jewelry, fabric and athletic apparel. With its proximity to the Sierras, outdoor gear shops include REI and Tactical and Practical.
Cultural Attractions in Fresno, CA
You can find all sorts of great things to do in Fresno. The city has the Chaffee Zoo, Fresno Art Museum and the Legion of Valor Museum. Arte Americas displays and sells fine art from Mexico, and the Fresno Philharmonic plays everything from classical masterworks to pops. In addition, the Tower District downtown has classic car shows, Indie film festivals, Blues Festivals and Rock and Roll celebrations. Plus, the Shizen Japanese Garden is perfect for a contemplative stroll through exquisite landscaping, and the Island Waterpark is a great place for kids to cool off in the hot summer months.View Apartments in Fresno, California
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Your email has been sent.